I’ve been getting the hint of mint lately when I go running on a certain route which makes me think of two things: 1. How much I love a good mojito during the summer and 2. I want to have an herb garden once we own a house!
Bruschetta is such a light and flavorful thing to eat in the summer except for one thing, it’s lacking protein. I live for protein! This lead me to stuffing a few chicken breasts so I could have the best of both worlds.
The next time I make it, I’m thinking of lightly breading the chicken with Italian bread crumbs to complete the look and mouthfeel. And I’ll have a mojito while I make it!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season the chicken
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a pan to baking.
- Season the chicken liberally.
- Cut down the side of the chicken to make a flap large enough to stuff
- Mix together olive oil, basil, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Fill each breast with bruschetta and lay on its side on the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temp. of 165F.