Happy Valentine’s Day! Matt and I spend the day yesterday in Pre-Cana, so I didn’t get a lot of homework done but I was still being called to create and bake something this morning!
Pre-Cana was a good experience and I’ll never do the whole day justice, so rather than trying to reflect on the whole day, I’ll just say that I’m truly going to do my best to be a symbol of God’s love for his people through my love for Matt.
I do love Matt and it’s Valentine’s Day and I have a heart shaped cake pan so I just had to make him something heart shaped!
for the cake
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a small cake pan.
- Cream together sugar, egg, melted butter.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add bananas piece by piece until blended thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by adding the cinnamon to the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Add half of the milk and mix with a hand mixer.
- Add the remaining milk depending on the consistency of the glaze that you want.
- Remove the cake from the pan after it’s completely cooled and drizzle with the glaze.