I have been loving smashing fruit into my peanut butter lately. My typical after work, pre-workout snack is a whole grain carb base, PB, and whatever berries I have on hand. Combinations include an English muffin with PB, raspberries, and a little honey, and a tortilla with PB, raspberries and blueberries. Also, strawberry-banana-PB was good on that tortilla.
Until I started doing it, I kind of thought fruit and peanut butter would be a weird combination. I loved it, and then realized that it was the classic combination of peanut butter and (whatever fruit) jelly.
Not only are these pancakes PB&J, but they’re made with Greek yogurt so combined with the PB and egg, they have 22g of protein!
Peanut Butter Pancake Ingredients– Serves 1 or 2, depending on hunger levels and what else you have cooking!
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. coconut oil- you could probably do without, I didn’t know if the fat from the PB was enough.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt- plain or vanilla
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. flour- I used half whole wheat, half AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil, egg, sugar, Greek yogurt, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients
- Make into pancakes 🙂
- Smother with strawberry jelly/jam and more peanut butter.
The Chia Seed Strawberry Jam recipe that I used can be found here.